The SIEGE® Investment Conference is the oldest investment conference in the Southeast that focuses on video games and related industries. It gives entrepreneurs in these industries an opportunity to pitch their business concepts to potential investors. Because videogames are a mix of creative content and technology, there are many types of businesses that benefit, and/or benefit from, video game development. Past presenters have included:
- Video and tabletop game studios, providers, publishers and facilitators;
- interactive music producers;
- esports businesses;
- livestreaming platforms;
- social networks;
- electronic media;
- search engines developers;
- middleware developers;
- interactive products supporting live entertainment;
- interactive promotional products;
- media products like feature films, books, comic books, and eLearning products; and
- virtual reality arcades.
Panelists include VCs, angel investors, successful entrepreneurs, digital media experts and more.
Important facts about the 2021 SIEGE® INVESTMENT CONFERENCE are:
- The hybrid conference runs on Zoom from 8:30 am – 3 pm Friday Dec. 3
- It will also be held on ground at Axis Replay for those comfortable meeting physically. Axis Replay is located at 112 Krog St NE #10, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Zoom and in-person attendance will be by invitation only, but the conference will be livestreamed at youtube.com/GeorgiaGameDevs.
- There will be 10 to 15 on-screen Panelists, consisting primarily of angel investors, VC representatives and industry experts to provide feedback, suggestions and more.
- There will also be advisors who will not be viewable onscreen, but will (a) be available to provide advice and guidance to presenting teams, (b) will meet in small groups in separate Zoom Breakrooms for relaxed feedback sessions with the presenting teams.
- If none of the Presenting Teams receives a majority of the vote of the judges in any category, the Panelists will decide the Winner for that category.
- Each startup makes a five-minute presentation, followed by five minutes of Q&A. Judges and panelists can continue to ask questions in chat during the five-minute transition between presenters.
- Teams wanting to present should submit applications by Nov. 5. Applications can be found HERE. Word version HERE. Earlier applications are more likely to be selected.
- The opportunity to act as Judges and Panelists are by invitation only. You may apply to be a judge by emailing [email protected]
- The Best Startup receives $1,000.