Pace-O-Matic has a permanent Sr. Java Developer position open. The Java Developer will assist in the architect, design, and development of our gaming software. Â
This position will be the primary lead on new product development of our software products as well as maintaining and enhancing existing software products.
- Development: Participate as needed in the development and implementation of Java software based on approved design. Write new programs or create modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements. Follow established standards for the design, coding, and testing of software.
- Coordination/Interaction: Will work closely with our QA & Support Department to review test plans, review the technical and functional documentation associated with that software as well as provide guidance on technical troubleshooting.
- 3-5+ years of Java, Linux, OpenGL and Swing and experience, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Familiar with SVN, Eclipse, Multi-Threading, OOD, OOP, Serial protocol programming, Device Drivers, sockets, SQL, JDBC, low level hardware interfacing, file I/O, XML, RMI, JNI and ANT.
- C, C++, C#, Linux kernel, driver development is an added benefit.
- BCS degree preferred.
- Must have experience and the ability to apply judgment for planning, communicating, and achieving the goals of the position.
- The position requires the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be able to work â€śHands onâ€ť during the design and development of the product and be involved in the change management of the maintenance and enhancements of the product to insure that the future direction is not impacted. Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills and working with design patterns.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a passion for the gaming software industry. It is also important to be able to provide creative solutions, and work constructively as a team member or independently.
- Medical Insurance: Pace-O-Matic is proud to offer their employees 100% medical coverage for 2015.
- Dental and vision insurance is available.
- 401K & Employee stock Purchase Plans
- Comparable and competitive vacation packages
- Fun, innovative and creative environment