Since 2007, the Georgia Game Developers Association has produced the largest video game industry trade show in the southeastern United States. This event is known as the Southern Interactive Entertainment and Games Expo, or SIEGE.
As the South's leading gaming and interactive conference, SIEGE brings together professionals, academics, executives, government officials and more from across the region to celebrate the world of gaming. SIEGE's speakers include leading figures from a wide spectrum of the industry, including artists, programmers, designers, writers, teachers and business executives. Special events include keynote speeches, dynamic panels, a mini-incubator, parties, networking events, and a student fair for high school students and others looking for colleges.
For more information, visit the SIEGECON website at www.siegecon.net.
SOUTHERN INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT & GAME EXPO is the definitive center of gravity for knowledge exchange among video game industry professionals and students in the southeastern U.S. In 2016, it included:
- The annual SIEGE Investment Conference, featuring game developers and others pitching to investors and others who can support their efforts; with $1000 going to the best pitch;
- The first “Excellence in Indie Game Development” award with $500 in prize money;
- The IGDA Leadership Track;
- Five other tracks of sessions, focusing on game design, programming, art, audio and business;
- Leading industry figures, including Microsoft Senior Producer Nick Laing, Hi-Rez Studio Art Director Thomas Holt, Ker-Chunk Games lead Molly Proffitt, Google Developer Advocate Mark Mandel and more;
- Ian Schreiber’s extremely popular Game Design Improv;
- The SIEGE Expo Hall, including numerous vendors, the Indiecluster of indie game developers, and the GGDA “Ask an Expert” booth featuring lawyers, accountants, HR leads and more;
- Sessions on VR, streaming, Unity, publisher deals, collaboration tools, game writing and much more.
Taking place in Atlanta, GA, from Oct. 5 – 8, 2017, SIEGE is the largest professional game development conference in the Southern United States. Since 2007, SIEGE has featured leading figures from the industry and has hosted panels reflecting a wide spectrum of the game production industry including artists, programmers, designers, investors, writers, professors and business executives. The event also showcases a College Fair for high school students and a Game Studio Investment Conference.
In addition to the sessions, SIEGE offers a wide variety of networking opportunities for industry professionals, academics and others. Held at the Marriott NW Atlanta-Galleria, the expo is easily accessed from numerous hubs, including the city’s airport, one of the world’s most active.
The convention provides well-structured meet-and-greet sessions, hands-on technical demos and crash-courses, advanced seminars for business executives, access to capital advisors, individual interviews, new studio showcases, and other ground-breaking opportunities to advance your career or business, at a price affordable to both professionals and college students. The show includes special events, such as parties, music concerts, game competitions, award ceremonies, etc.
SIEGE is a service and registered service mark of Georgia Game Developers Association, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(6) trade association. All proceeds from the show directly benefit the growth of the industry.
What can you do to help? Glad you asked! If your company is not listed as a sponsor, go poke your business development director or VP of marketing. Help them understand that they need to set aside at least $500 in their budget each year to support SIEGE. SIEGE provides a venue for professional growth and collaboration, creates business opportunities, attracts attention from venture capital and angel investors, and showcases our southeastern companies.